Spice up your life – with ginger!
Ginger has a long history of medicinal use dating back 2,500 years. Traditionally used as a digestive aid to relieve nausea, diarrhea and bloating, ginger’s anti-inflammatory properties are also useful in the treatment of cancer, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Numerous studies are confirming that ginger has anti-metastatic properties that inhibit many types of cancer. Here are some more reasons to make ginger a regular part of your day:
- Not hungry? Add grated fresh ginger to juice or hot water before a meal to help stimulate your appetite and activate your digestive juices.
- Overindulged the evening before? Ginger tea helps ease hangovers.
- Useful for infections like the common cold. Ginger helps clear the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including your sinuses.
- Ginger tea can help get rid of throat and nose congestion. Chilly weather enhances the warming and healing benefits of this tasty tea!
- Adding ginger to food improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
Tip: Add fresh ginger next time you make a green smoothie – it totally improves the taste! Or add this classic Carrot Apple Ginger Juice to your routine:
- 2 Apples, cored, peeled and chopped
- 5 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 inch Ginger piece, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 Lemon, seeded and skin removed
- Salt to taste
Simply process apple, carrots, lemon and ginger in juicer. Stir in a pinch of salt. Serve and enjoy!