Spice Up Your Life – with Turmeric!
Many spices have significant medicinal properties – but when it comes to boosting your immune system, turmeric is probably the most potent.
The immune-boosting qualities of turmeric
- Strong anti-inflammatory – inflammation is a root cause of many health issues including heart disease, diabetes, cancer and more.
- Breaks down and eliminates toxins in the liver by enhancing vital phase 2 enzymes.
- Powerful antioxidant that helps prevent cell damage caused by free radicals.
- Enhances the effects of chemotherapy, while protecting healthy cells.
- Blocks dangerous COX-2 enzymes – which play a role in many cancers.
More reasons to consume turmeric:
- Reduces triglyceride levels
- Improves cholesterol levels
- Stimulates digestion
- Regulates your metabolism and promotes weight loss
- Improves your memory and the brain function
- Has antiseptic and analgesic properties
No wonder this pungent, golden powder is an integral part of India’s Ayurvedic healing and traditional Chinese medicine. But reaping its benefits when following a Western diet can be a challenge. You probably have this precious golden powder in your spice rack now. But how often do you use it?
This surprising delicious and refreshing turmeric smoothie is an easy and delicious way to start:
- 1 cup almond milk (or your choice of alternative milk)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cm fresh ginger (optional)
- I ripe banana
- A few pieces of ice
Blend, serve and drink immediately.
Clever tip: Black pepper (pepperine) increases the absorbability of turmeric. Add a ¼ teaspoon to the above ingredients for an extra kick!